Rebecca Fortney Inpatient Care Center
Caring for Your Loved Ones
At Hospice of the Chesapeake, we understand and value that most people living with advanced illness and its associated symptoms want to remain in their own homes, surrounded by the love of family and friends. In some cases, patients experience pain and symptoms that cannot be safely managed at home and need a more intense level of care.
In response to the needs of our patients and families, we opened in December 2015 the 14-suite Rebecca Fortney Inpatient Care Center on the John & Cathy Belcher Campus in Pasadena, Md. Patients and families benefit not only from the medical care at this state-of-the-art inpatient care center, but the warmth and specialized skill of our hospice team who makes a difference in the lives of those we serve.
The 14,000-square-foot center offers families and patients serene spaces, including a sanctuary, in which to gather with loved ones. A cozy family room, children’s play space and family kitchen offer the comforts of home. Each patient’s room opens to a peaceful garden setting. The Rebecca Fortney Inpatient Care Center is designed for those patients whose pain and symptoms cannot be safely managed in their homes. This is a general inpatient hospice facility for those who qualify for a more intensive level of care.
Our Inpatient Care Center Provides:
- An alternative to a hospital admission and/or hospital stay for complex medical needs.
- State-of-the-art medical care in a home-like setting.
- Our interdisciplinary team of highly skilled doctors, registered nurses, social workers, counselors, chaplains and volunteers works together to provide the necessary holistic care.
- Scheduled meals are prepared on site and family members are encouraged to bring special dishes from home.
- Complementary therapies, including Healing Touch, Reiki, Aromatherapy, Music and Pet Therapy, are also available.
- Fourteen private bedrooms and bathrooms; television and telephone in each room; and sleeper sofas for overnight guests.
Our Unparalleled Team
The Rebecca Fortney Inpatient Care Center is staffed by our unparalleled team of physicians, nurses, counselors, social workers and volunteers who provide the finest care to support our patients' physical, emotional and spiritual needs in a beautiful and tranquil setting. The team specializes in the art and science of symptom management and in most cases symptoms can be managed appropriately in a brief timespan of several days, allowing patients to return quickly to the place they truly call home.
We understand that making hospice decisions can be overwhelming and confusing to patients and their families. Our experienced hospice team will work with patients and their families directly to determine the level of care most appropriate based on current prognosis, necessary medical requirements and placement availability.
To take a virtual tour of the Rebecca Fortney Inpatient Care Center, click here.