As part of its family-centered grief program, Chesapeake Life Center will offer a variety of events this fall through its John & Cathy Belcher Campus at 90 Ritchie Highway, Pasadena, Maryland. From a workshop for people who are mourning the death of their four-legged friend to dinner and a movie the whole family can enjoy, people in the community can find a way to learn about grief that suits their style.
- Sibling Loss is an informal gathering designed for adults who have lost a brother or sister and wish to explore this often unrecognized grief with others who share the same kind of loss. It will be held from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 2. The cost is $10 to attend.
- Parenting while Grieving is a two-hour honest conversation about managing life, kids and grief. Child care will be available for this group, which will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Oct. 14. The cost is $10 to attend.
- Grief goes to the Movies is an opportunity for the whole family to sit down, eat some dinner and popcorn and watch a movie. After, kids and adults can explore grief themes found in popular children’s movies. This event, which will take place from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 26, is free to attend.
- Book Group, a popular offering from over the summer, will return in the fall. Participants will discuss “Bearing the Unbearable,” by Joanne Cacciatore when they meet from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Nov. 2. This event is free to attend.
- Pet Loss Workshop is a small group workshop that helps people explore the loss of their beloved pet. It will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. Nov. 11 at Dogwood Acres Pet Retreat, 439 W. Central Ave., Davidsonville, Maryland. To register for this workshop, contact Erin Bogan at email@example.com or 410-798-4776.
- Hope Full Holidays is a seminar that offers support, honors memories and explores coping strategies during the holiday season. It will take place from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Dec. 8 and costs $15 to attend.
Registration is required for all programs and, unless otherwise noted, can be completed by calling 888-501-7077 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.