Chesapeake Life Center will offer a variety of grief support groups through December on the John & Cathy Belcher Campus at 90 Ritchie Highway, Pasadena.
- Men’s Monthly Support Group began in September and will continue to meet from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of the month – Oct. 1, Nov. 5 and Dec. 3. It seeks to help men connect with other male grievers. Together, they will navigate the emotional, mental and everyday struggles of the grieving process. New attendees are welcome.
- Evening Grief Support Group is a facilitated six-week support group offering an opportunity to explore grief themes and coping strategies with others in a safe and supportive environment. The group will meet from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Nov. 7 to Dec. 19. Registration must be completed by Oct. 31 to participate.
- Child Loss Monthly Support Group is for parents who have experienced the death of a child of any age or circumstance. The group will meet from 10 a.m. to noon Oct. 5, Nov. 2 and Dec. 7.
- Loss of Life Partner/Spouse Monthly Morning Group is for individuals grieving the death of a spouse or life partner. It will meet from 10:30 a.m. to noon Oct. 16, Nov. 20 and Dec. 18.
- Loss of Life Partner/Spouse Monthly Evening Group is for career-aged individuals grieving the death of a spouse or life partner. It will meet from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Oct. 16, Nov. 20 and Dec. 18.
- Suicide Grievers is for those grieving the death of a loved one by suicide. The group will meet from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Oct. 8, Nov. 12 and Dec. 10. Participants must speak with a counselor prior to attending their first meeting.
- Together…Silent No More is a monthly support group for those grieving a loss due to substance abuse. The group will meet from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 21, Nov. 18 and Dec. 16. Participants must speak with a counselor prior to attending their first meeting.
Childcare is not provided, and children are not permitted in any of these groups. Registration is required for all groups and can be completed by calling 888-501-7077 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.