Chesapeake Life Center’s Prince George’s County office at 9500 Medical Center Drive, Suite 250, Largo, Maryland, will offer a variety of grief support programs.
New to the schedule is Cocoa & Collage: A Prince George’s County Family Event that will meet from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Nov. 12. It is an opportunity for families or individuals to spend an evening creating a collage honoring the memory of a loved one. Attendees are invited to bring pictures they have of their loved ones, to share or incorporate into a collage. Collage materials, cocoa and extra marshmallows will be provided. The cost is $10.
Other groups meeting in the Largo office include:
• Prince George’s County Teen Support Group is a way for youth ages 13 to 18 to connect with others their age who also grieve the death of a loved one. It meets monthly from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Oct. 9, Nov. 13 and Dec. 11.
• Coffee and Conversations Monthly Morning Grief Support Group, an informal gathering that provides a safe place for sharing and learning about grief while exploring coping strategies. The group will meet from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Oct. 10, Nov. 14 and Dec. 12.
• Monthly Evening Grief Support Group is similar in format to the morning group and will meet on the fourth Thursday of the month from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 24, Nov. 21 and Dec. 19.
• Sudden Loss Support Group is for adults who are grieving someone who has passed unexpectedly or suddenly, including from suicide, homicide, accidents or natural causes that brought death rapidly. The group will meet on the evenings of Oct. 21, Nov. 18 and Dec. 16. Call for times and to speak with a counselor prior to attending your first meeting.
• SoulCollage Grief Support Group has participants create a series of collages to commemorate lost loved ones and to visually journal the grief process. The group will meet from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 7, Nov. 4 and Dec. 2. The cost is $10.
Children are not permitted in any of the adult groups. Registration is required for all groups and can be completed by calling 888-501-7077 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.