Chief Medical Officer
Hospice of the Chesapeake
Dr. Eric Bush, a board certified Hospice and Palliative Medicine physician, joined Hospice of the Chesapeake team in September of 2016 as Chief Medical Officer. In this role, Dr. Bush provides strategic and leadership direction to the medical staff which includes Physicians and Nurse Practitioners. As a member of the executive leadership team, he will also share in the responsibility of implementing strategic direction and effecting cultural change within the Hospice of the Chesapeake team.
Having served first as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the U.S. Army Reserve, a Pharmacist and then a Physician in the Baltimore and Washington corridor, Dr. Bush brings a unique perspective to Hospice of the Chesapeake.
Dr. Bush earned a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, a Master in Business Administration, and his Medical Degree all from State University of New York (SUNY) in Buffalo, New York.
Recent publications by Dr. Bush including the following:
- Bush E, Berger A. Pain and Palliative Care Chapters Bethesda Handbook of Clinical Oncology 4th Edition. Editors: Abraham J, Allegra C, Gulley J. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Bush E, Berger A. Pain and Palliative Care Chapters Bethesda Handbook of Clinical Oncology 3rd Edition. Editors: Abraham J, Allegra C, Gulley J. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Harris BA, Berger AM, Mitchell SA, Steinberg, Baker K, Handel DL, Bolle JL, Bush EG, Avila D, Pavletic SZ. Spiritual Well-Being in Long-Term Survivors with Chronic Graft versus Host Disease after Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant. Journal of Supportive Oncology.
- Fox CH, Timm EA Jr, Smith SJ, Touyz RM, Bush EG, Wallace PK. A method for measuring intracellular free magnesium concentration in platelets using flow cytometry. Magnes Res. 2007.
- Bush E, Miller C, Friedman I. A case of serotonin syndrome and mutism associated with methadone. J Palliat Med. 2006.