Chesapeake Life Center will offer a variety of adult grief support groups through the end of this year on the John & Cathy Belcher Campus at 90 Ritchie Highway, Pasadena.
- New to the center’s group offerings is its Parent Loss Group. This four-week group is for those grieving the loss of a parent and will meet from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Mondays, Oct. 22 to Nov. 12. Wherever you are in the grief process and whatever the state of the relationship, you are welcome. This group is offered free of charge. Registration must be completed by Oct. 16 to participate.
- Morning Grief Support Group is a facilitated six-week support group offering an opportunity to share with others while exploring coping strategies. The group will meet from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Mondays, Oct. 22 to Nov. 26. Registration must be completed by Oct. 15 to participate.
- Evening Grief Support Group offers attendees an opportunity to explore grief themes and share strategies for healing within a community of trust. The group will meet from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Sept. 27 to Nov. 1. Registration must be completed by Sept. 21 to participate.
- Child Loss Support Group is for parents experiencing the loss of a child of any age. The group will meet Saturdays, Sept. 8, Oct. 6, Nov. 10 and Dec. 1. Call for times and to speak with a counselor prior to your first meeting.
- Loss of Life Partner/Spouse Monthly Morning Group is for individuals grieving the death of a spouse or life partner. It will meet from 10:30 a.m. to noon Wednesdays, Sept. 19, Oct. 17, Nov. 28 and Dec. 19.
- Loss of Life Partner/Spouse Monthly Evening Group is for individuals grieving the death of a spouse or life partner. It will meet from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, Sept. 19, Oct. 17, Nov. 28 and Dec. 19.
- Suicide Grievers is for those grieving the death of a loved one by suicide. The group will meet Tuesdays evenings, Sept. 11, Oct. 9, Nov. 13 and Dec. 11. Call for times and to speak with a counselor prior to attending your first meeting.
- Together…Silent No More is a monthly support group for those grieving a loss due to substance abuse. The group will meet Monday evenings, Sept. 17, Oct. 15, Nov. 19 and Dec. 17. Call for times and to speak with a counselor prior to attending your first meeting.
- Gone Too Soon is a group for young adults ages 18 to 24 who have experienced a loss, whether recent of long passed, that meets regularly at the Starbucks at 503 Ritchie Highway in Severna Park. It is an informal gathering offered as a way to connect over coffee and conversation. Call for dates and times.
Child care is not provided and children are not permitted in any of these groups. Registration is required for all groups and can be completed by calling 888-501-7077 or by emailing email@example.com.