Caring for Your Loved Ones
Hospice is a philosophy of highly skilled care that embraces the mind, body and spirit and focuses on comfort and quality of life. Hospice care treats the individual rather than the disease and honors the patient’s needs with medical, emotional and spiritual support.
“We wanted to be a family again one last time at home. Hospice made it happen.” – Joe, father of a Hospice of the Chesapeake patient
At Hospice of the Chesapeake, we are dedicated to those in our community who are facing the challenges of a life-limiting illness. Our unparalleled team of physicians, nurses, chaplains, certified nursing assistants and social workers specializes in the art and science of symptom management. Specially trained volunteers offer support to patients and their families.
“Hospice staffs, the nurses, everybody really pitched in and made us feel supported. They are fantastic.” – Sylvester, grandson of a Hospice of the Chesapeake patient
Why Choose Hospice?
- When a cure is no longer possible, hospice offers various levels of care for patients to manage their pain and symptoms with comfort and dignity as well as living life to the fullest extent possible.
- We offer Healing Arts, which recognize the importance of a holistic approach to caring for those experiencing advanced illness.
- We provide care in the comfort of the place the patient calls “home.” This may be a private home, nursing facility, hospital, assisted living community or group home.
- Dedicated staff members are available 24/7 to answer questions and assist with any transition in care.
- Hospice services are generally covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance plans.
- The decision to enroll in hospice can be changed at any time if the person’s illness improves or if the person chooses to resume curative treatment.
- Hospice care honors the patient’s needs and wishes; we offer special programs for Veterans and pediatric patients.