Become Part of the Hospice Team
As a volunteer, there are many opportunities to use your unique skills and interests to benefit others:
- Patient Care Volunteers enhance the quality of life for patients and their families by providing companionship, a listening ear and practical assistance.
- Vigil Volunteers are available upon request to provide support to patients and families during the final days and hours of life. Vigil Volunteers have completed additional training in the physical and spiritual aspects of dying.
- Administrative Volunteers provide office and clerical support. Projects may include mailings, onsite deliveries, data entry, phone support, filing, making copies and other special projects.
- Honor Salute Volunteers pay respect to our valued veterans patients in a unique way. Volunteers join service members to honor veterans for their service in the military.
- Tuck In Callers make phone calls to home patients each Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon to assess patients’ pain level and needs, including medications, supplies and equipment.
- Community Outreach Volunteers manage informational displays at community events or assist with speaking engagements related to the hospice mission.
- Camp Companions provide a safe and reassuring presence for grieving children and teens who attend our annual bereavement camps.
- Grief Support Volunteers provide a caring presence either by phone or in person to support individuals during their grief journey.
Click here to download a flyer with our volunteer opportunities. (En español)
What is your specialty or talent? We also may be able to create volunteer opportunities based on your skills, talents and expertise. If you have the enthusiasm, we may have a place for you!
Watch the video below to hear about why our Volunteers donate their time.