Due to the generous support of the John and Cathy Belcher Institute, Hospice of the Chesapeake is committed to educating and empowering our communities regarding how to care for life throughout the journey with illness and loss.
We offer workshops to community members in Anne Arundel and Prince George’s Counties in a variety of locations which are listed below, as well as virtually through our community education library featuring numerous videos and podcasts on a range of topics.
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Community Centers and/or Community Clubs
- Faith Communities
- Home Health Organizations
- Independent Senior Living Facilities
- Senior Centers
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
Topics for workshops include:
- Overview of Hospice of the Chesapeake’s Programs and Services
- Living with Serious Illness – Myths and Misunderstandings
- Growing through Grief: What the Sacred Sorrow of Grief Can Teach Us
- Conversations of Hope When Hopes are Challenged: How Spirituality Plays a Part in Caring for a Loved One
- Anticipatory Grief: How We Grieve Before a Loss Occurs
- Power of Paperwork: Advance Directives – What They Are and Why They Matter
The community presentations can be provided on-site and usually last between 30-60 minutes. To request a presentation, please click here for the Community Education Workshop Request form.