Chesapeake Life Center will offer a variety of grief support groups through September on the John & Cathy Belcher Campus at 90 Ritchie Highway, Pasadena.
- New to the schedule is a Men’s Monthly Support Group. This group will meet from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of the month and seeks to help men connect with other male grievers. Together, they will navigate through the emotional, mental and everyday struggles of the grieving process. Its first session will meet from Sept. 3.
- Also new to the schedule is a Six-Week Parent Loss Support Group for those grieving the loss of a parent. This group will meet Mondays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Sept. 23 to Oct. 28. Wherever you are in your grief process, whatever the nature of the relationship, you are welcome. Registration must be completed by Sept. 16 to participate.
- Four-Week Loss of Life Partner/Spouse Support Group is for those who are grieving a spouse or non-married life partner. This facilitated group will meet from 10:30 a.m. to noon Wednesdays, July 10 to 31, to explore grief themes and share strategies for healing within a community of trust. Registration must be completed by July 3 to participate.
- Morning Grief Support Group is a facilitated six-week support group offering an opportunity to explore grief themes and coping strategies with others in a safe and supportive environment. The group will meet from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Thursdays, Sept. 12 to Oct. 17. Registration must be completed by Sept. 5 to participate.
- Child Loss Support Group is for parents who have experienced the death of a child of any age or circumstance. The group will meet from 10 a.m. to noon Sept. 7.
- Loss of Life Partner/Spouse Monthly Morning Group is for individuals grieving the death of a spouse or life partner. It will meet from 10:30 a.m. to noon Sept. 18.
- Loss of Life Partner/Spouse Monthly Evening Group is for career-aged individuals grieving the death of a spouse or life partner. It will meet from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Sept. 18.
- Suicide Grievers is for those grieving the death of a loved one by suicide. The group will meet from 6:30 to 8 p.m. July 9 and Sept. 10. Participants must speak with a counselor prior to attending their first meeting.
- Together…Silent No More is a monthly support group for those grieving a loss due to substance abuse. The group will meet from 6 to 7:30 p.m. July 15 and Sept. 16. Participants must speak with a counselor prior to attending their first meeting.
Childcare is not provided, and children are not permitted in any of these groups. Registration is required for all groups and can be completed by calling 888-501-7077 or by emailing email@example.com.