Charles County Inpatient Care Center
Caring for Your Loved Ones
At Hospice of the Chesapeake, we understand and value that most people living with advanced illness and its associated symptoms want to remain in their own homes, surrounded by the love of family and friends. In some cases, patients experience pain and symptoms that cannot be safely managed at home and need a more intense level of care.
In response to the needs of our patients and families, we can provide an alternative to hospitalization at our Charles County Inpatient Center. Patients and families benefit not only from the medical care at this state-of-the-art inpatient care center, but also the warmth and specialized skill of our hospice team who makes a difference in the lives of those we serve.
The center offers families and patients serene spaces in which to gather with loved ones. A cozy family room and family kitchen offer the comforts of home. This is a general inpatient hospice facility for those who qualify for a more intensive level of care.
Our Inpatient Care Center provides:
- An alternative to a hospital admission and/or hospital stay for complex medical needs.
- State-of-the-art medical care in a home-like setting.
- Our interdisciplinary team of highly skilled Physicians, Registered Nurses, Social Workers, Counselors, Chaplains and Volunteers works together to provide the necessary holistic care.
- Scheduled meals are prepared on site and family members are encouraged to bring special dishes from home.
- Private suites with private bathrooms, television, telephone and sleeper sofas for overnight guests.
Our Unparalleled Team
The Charles County Inpatient Care Center is staffed by our unparalleled team of Physicians, Nurses, Counselors, Social Workers and Volunteers who provide the finest care to support our patients’ physical, emotional and spiritual needs in a beautiful and tranquil setting. The team specializes in the art and science of symptom management; in most cases, symptoms can be managed appropriately in a brief timespan of several days, allowing patients to return quickly to the place they truly call home.
We understand that making hospice decisions can be overwhelming and confusing to patients and their families. Our experienced hospice team will work with patients and their families directly to determine the level of care most appropriate based on current prognosis, necessary medical requirements and placement availability.
Click here to view a virtual tour of the Charles County Inpatient Care Center.