A Letter from the Director
As the impact of COVID-19 on our lives continues, we at Chesapeake Life Center continue to monitor its impact around the country, the world, and in our local community. We have implemented recommended safety practices and postponed many events. In addition to counseling and support groups (below) we are also offering some events, such as Mindfulness in Grief and Living with Loss, on-line. Other events are simply postponed until it is feasible to offer them in person.
Increased feelings of anxiety, loneliness and depression are normal in the face of so many changes in our way of life, such as decreased social interaction, cancelling of events that we were looking forward to, and worry about the health and safety of others as well as ourselves. Those who are grieving feel these losses around our “normal” lives even more acutely. Know that your health and well-being is important to us, and we are working hard to maintain the balance of reducing exposure to the virus and recognizing the importance of not being isolated when grieving.
With all of this in mind, we are offering as many services as feasible via telehealth. Our counselors have all received training in telehealth to be sure that what we offer meets best practice standards.
- For the duration of this COVID-19 health emergency we will be offering regular support groups via a telehealth platform, Zoom for Healthcare, and not in our offices.
- Counseling sessions will be available via phone or online.
- We will still schedule limited face-to-face sessions for new clients and others as long as we are permitted to, and adequate safety precautions can be taken.
- We encourage you to consider a phone or online session if you would like to schedule with a counselor.
We are acutely aware that not everyone has access to all this technology or may not be comfortable with it. If that is the case, please call us. We will work with you to find you the right resources.
- In an effort to reduce the need for staff to physically come to the office, we may not always be able to answer the telephone immediately, but we will be monitoring our voicemail, checking several times each day, so do leave a message and we will get back to you.
We will continue to send these emails as we have new information. Also, please check out our website at www.chesapeakelifecenter.org for program information and helpful resources for managing during this stressful time.
Wishing you Comfort and Peace,
Susan and all the staff at CLC