- This event has passed.
Emily Schindler Memorial Lecture: Trauma-Informed Care Throughout the Lifespan
September 28 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm$40
Trauma impacts every area of functioning, including physical, mental, behavioral, and social. Trauma-informed care means treating the whole person while understanding the traumatic experiences they have encountered from birth to the present time. This innovative seminar will allow the participants to view trauma throughout the lifespan and help them understand why learning about the child that came before the older adult is essential.
1. Describe how to assess for trauma throughout the lifespan
2. Explain the role of trauma assessments and when it needs to be addressed
3. Explain the impact trauma at a young age can have on an older adult
4. Identify symptoms and diagnoses that manifest from trauma
5. Develop a plan of care that minimize re-traumatization
This program is approved for 3 Category 1 CEUs for Social Workers and 3 Category A CEUs for Counselors and Therapists in Maryland. For more information, please visit the registration link below.